Many military members have long-term careers before retiring or transitioning out of military culture and into civilian workplaces. A specific skillset is needed to work with these clients. In this course, learners will explore transferable skills, workplace culture and transition management.
- Module 1: Military Careers and Culture
- Module 2: Transition to Civilian Life and Work
- Module 3: Transferrable Skills
- Module 4: Job Search and Tools
- Module 5: Special Considerations
What You Will Learn
- How to compare the context of military careers to civilian roles
- Explain special considerations that may be relevant to working with this population
- Translate skills earned in a military context to skills that can be used in civilian workplaces
- Coach clients through the job search and interviewing processes
- How to design job search tools with clients
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate of Professional and Leadership Studies in Career Development.
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Career Practitioners who have experience working with individual clients and want to expand their practice.