This is the first module in the AutoCAD Certificate Program. It is 100% Online.
- Introduction, system requirements, starting AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD user interface, changing the color scheme, workspaces in AutoCAD, other components of user interface: application menu, quick access toolbar, file tabs, graphics window, ViewCube, navigation bar, command line area, system variables, pointer/ crosshairs, ribbon, tabs and panels, layout/model panel, user coordinate system, mouse buttons, zoom and pan with the mouse wheel, command summary, Undo, Esc, Creating and saving an AutoCAD file
- Status bar: Use the AutoCAD Visual Reference Commands, status bar buttons, use the Erase command, menu bar, changing the display of the ribbon, dialogs and palettes, tool palettes, shortcut menus, selection window, starting new drawing, getting Help
- Drawing basics, drawing unit set-up, coordinate systems: rectangular vs. polar and absolute vs. relative, drawing lines, circles, arcs, polylines, rectangles, splines, ellipse and elliptical arcs
- Drawing aids, setting Grid and Snap, setting limits of the drawing, setting the lineweight, using ortho mode and polar tracking, using layers, Layer Properties Manager, creating a new layer, controlling layers’ visibility, moving objects to a different layer, making a layer current, deleting a layer, using object snap, running object snap, cycling through object snap, using object snap tacking, using Zoom tool, panning drawings
- Editing tools 1: using the Move, Copy, Rotate, Scale, Trim, Extend, Fillet, Chamfer, Mirror, Explode, Stretch and Offset, Properties, Match Properties and Erase tools
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- AutoCAD Certificate Program : Required Courses