This introductory course will introduce students to professional construction management in the engineering and construction industry. Additionally, students will learn about the development and organization of projects, the organization of professional construction management, and professional construction management in practice using an example project. Students will then focus on preconstruction sites and all of the elements that are involved, and the course concludes with a focus on construction and the application of controls.
- Week 1: Orientation
- Week 2: Management in the Engineering and Construction Industry / Development and Organization of Projects
- Week 3: Applications and Requirements for Management Organization / Introduction to an Example Project
- Week 4: Preconstruction Site Investigation, Planning, Scheduling, Estimating, and Design / Bidding and Awarding
- Week 5: Construction, Safety Responsibilities, and Contracts Administration and Coordination
- Week 6: Application of Controls and CPM Schedule Control / Field Schedules and Progress Controls
What You Will Learn
- An overview of management in the engineering and construction industry
- The applications and requirements for the management organization
- Example projects components including planning, scheduling, estimating, and designing
- Bidding and procurement
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Construction Management.
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of the minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Construction managers
- Project managers and architects
- Owners of construction companies and their staff
- Engineers, engineering technicians, and students of all disciplines
- Developers and construction contractors
- Construction Specialty Sub-contractors
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Construction Management : Required