Course DescriptionThis training session for landscapers will focus on sustainable landscape practices, the elements of an integrated weed management approach, pesticide safety practices, pesticide performance and water quality, new products and technologies. Eligible course participants will be awarded 5.5 continuing education points in the Nova Scotia Pesticide Continuing Education Program.
What You Will Learn
- The sustainable urban landscape
- Concepts in integrated pest management
- Integrated pest management – a strategy of alternatives
- Making pest management decisions
- Pest resistance, resurgence and replacement
- The future of integrated pest management
PrerequisitesParticipants need to have a current Pesticide Applicator License. Must be presented the morning of the course.
"Glen is the most knowledgeable man in the landscape industry that I've met over my entire 15+ year career"
"Instructor obviously knows his stuff! There wasn't a single question that he couldn't answer"