Priorities of content teaching over language may pose challenges for EMI practitioners in their desire to effectively manage student performance and teaching practice. This course focuses on developing participants’ skills for lecture management. In particular, participants study principles of assessment, evaluation, and learning management in EMI settings.
Module 1: Classroom Management
Module 2: Motivation
Module 3: Assessment for the CLIL Classroom
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- More effectively manage student performance and their own teaching practice.
- Execute classroom management strategies.
- Apply principles of assessment, evaluation, and learning management in EMI settings
Designed to support the implementation of English-medium instruction in primary, secondary or higher education school systems.
PDC-EMI is for educators in the following contexts:
- School boards
- Government ministries of education
Minimum level of English language proficiency required:
- TOEFL iBT:53-78
- CEFR B1
- Cambridge B1 Preliminary
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in English-Medium Instruction : Required (4)