Success in change initiatives is directly related to the project approach and the team’s ability to be agile.
When starting a new project, one of the most important decisions you can make is choosing the right project delivery strategy. While the waterfall approach is the standard methodology framework in many organizations, most people are not aware there are different project delivery strategies: waterfall, iterative and incremental development (IID), and its lightweight cousin, agile.
Participants will learn about the agile mindset, how to start thinking in innovative ways and how agile teams use openness, transparency and collaboration to improve team performance. Topics explored include agile philosophy and team culture in the agile environment.
Course Outline• Defined versus empirical approaches
• Lifecycle model benefits
• The need for Agile and the agile philosophy
• Team culture and communication in agile environments
• Alignment with levels of project change and complexity
• Methods for changing team culture through new styles of communication and teamwork
• Aligning to corporate governance models
• How to choose the right approach for a project
What You Will Learn• How to choose the best approach for a project and the benefits and risks of each approach
• How the different approaches fit into typical project governance structures
• Understanding the agile mindset and team dynamics
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Change Management.
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of the minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact email@example.com.
Recommended For• Those working on projects and change initiatives in any industry
• Project managers, project coordinators, managers, subject matter experts, technical personnel and team members
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Change Management : Required