Now, more than ever, the success of a project is dependent on the ability to identify, qualify, quantify, and manage threats and opportunities. Sometimes, organizations view potential undesirable outcomes as something that should not be discussed in order to avoid negativity or because they do not appreciate the importance of risk management. Other organizations value risk management but they lack the skills and knowledge to be effective in this crucial area of competence.
This course is designed to look at risk identification, qualitative, and quantitative techniques to identify the likelihood of a risk occurring and the impact if it does. A variety of risk response strategies are discussed and practiced during workshop exercises.
- Session 1: Introduction, risk management process
- Session 2: Risk management process cont'd, risk tools
What You Will Learn
- Application of common framework of risk management
- The importance of including risk management in project planning and execution
- Ability to facilitate team discussions to identify project risks, opportunities and to formulate risk responses appropriate to an organization’s risk tolerance
- Use Expected Monetary Value to assess the reasonableness of risk response strategies
- Anyone working on projects in any industry who wants to increase their ability to deal with uncertainty
- Project managers, project coordinators, subject matter experts, technical personnel, team members, managers, and key support personnel
- Those who want to increase their marketability in the project management job market
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Project Management
- Certificate in Project Management : Required