This course is 7 learning hours. It is recommended that students spend an additional 1 hour over the two-day period on this course.
This course focuses on the requirements management process. Participants will use elicitation tools and techniques to discover the underlying requirements that contribute to solutions that produce desired outcomes. Through the use of techniques for clarifying expected deliverables and discovering overlooked requirements, participants will be better prepared to work on projects characterized by uncertainty and high levels of change.
At the end of the course, there will be a short quiz covering some of the key concepts learned. A passing grade of 60% is required to complete this course successfully.
- Session 1: Questions to ask, analyze, verify and validate requirements, select and resent best solutions
- Session 2: Financial analysis, verification, traceability, change management techniques
What You Will Learn
- How to identify impacted stakeholders, discover and define their real problems
- Requirements of using various methods and tools
- Functional requirements that deliver business value
- Document requirements using standard formats, including user stories and user cases
- How to prioritize, refine, manage, and control changes to requirements
- Using an exercise taken from a real-life project, participants will also learn how to define the problem, assess its business impact, and identify and manage stakeholders’ expectations.
- Anyone working on projects in any industry who is involved in defining objectives, scope and deliverables
- Project managers, project coordinators, subject matter experts, technical personnel, team members, managers, project sponsors, business analysts, and key support personnel
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Project Management
- Certificate in Project Management : Electives