This course is 7 learning hours. It is recommended that participants spend an additional 1-hour over the two day period on this course.
This course will provide participants with an understanding of the complexity of managing stakeholders and project communications. People frequently judge project success by measuring budget and schedule variances, overlooking the importance of our relationships with stakeholders and our ability to actively engage them and meet their expectations.
- Session 1: Context and definitions, identifying stakeholders and their expectations, stakeholder register, management, assumptions, communication
- Session 2: Stakeholder engagement, power interest grid, communication skills, productive meetings, models for stakeholder analysis
What You Will Learn
- Terminology and processes of stakeholder and communication management
- The tools of a stakeholder analysis
- How to prepare a communications management plan
- Strategies for managing and monitoring stakeholder engagement
- The benefits of a proactive approach to project communications and stakeholder management
- Those working on projects in any industry who want to improve their relationships with their stakeholders
- Project managers, project coordinators, subject matter experts, technical personnel, team members, managers, and key support personnel
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Project Management
- Certificate in Project Management : Required