This course is 7 learning hours. It is recommended that students spend an additional 1-hour over the two day period on this course.
This course is designed to provide students with the new focus on delivery principles described in version 7 of PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide v7). It will cover having a value focus, tailoring, complexity, agility, sustainability, stewardship, holistic thinking, adaptability and resilience. The course will also cover PMI’s shift from process groups to performance domains.
- Session 1: Project delivery principles: stewardship, leadership, team, holistic thinking, value, quality
- Session 2: Project delivery principles: tailoring, complexity, adaptability and resilience, opportunities and threats, change management
What You Will Learn
- An appreciation for the importance of “soft skills” such as leadership, stewardship, holistic thinking, and adaptability and resilience
- How to change the paradigm from being focused on tools and techniques toward an emphasis on project delivery principles
- An understanding of the role of the Project Manager
- The value of a strategic and holistic approach to project management
- Become aware of the changes in Version 7 of the PMBOK® Guide
- Anyone working on projects in any industry who wants to increase their project management knowledge
- Project managers, project coordinators, subject matter experts, technical personnel, team members, managers, and key support personnel
- Those preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® designation or those who already hold these designations and want to understand the changes that PMI has made in the new PMBOK Guide®
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Project Management
- Certificate in Project Management : Required