This course is designed to provide students with the new focus on delivery principles described in version 7 of PMI’s Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide v7). It will cover having a value focus, tailoring, complexity, agility, sustainability, stewardship, holistic thinking, adaptability and resilience. The course will also cover PMI’s shift from process groups to performance domains.
At the end of the course, there will be a short quiz covering some of the key concepts learned. A passing grade of 60% is required to successfully complete this course.
- Session 1: Project delivery principles: stewardship, leadership, team, holistic thinking, value, quality
- Session 2: Project delivery principles: tailoring, complexity, adaptability and resilience, opportunities and threats, change management
What You Will Learn
- An appreciation for the importance of “soft skills” such as leadership, stewardship, holistic thinking, and adaptability and resilience
- How to change the paradigm from being focused on tools and techniques toward an emphasis on project delivery principles
- An understanding of the role of the Project Manager
- The value of a strategic and holistic approach to project management
- Become aware of the changes in Version 7 of the PMBOK® Guide
- Anyone working on projects in any industry who wants to increase their project management knowledge
- Project managers, project coordinators, subject matter experts, technical personnel, team members, managers, and key support personnel
- Those preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® designation or those who already hold these designations and want to understand the changes that PMI has made in the new PMBOK Guide®
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Project Management
- Certificate in Project Management : Required