This course is 7 learning hours. It is recommended that students spend an additional 1-hour over the two day period on this course.
This course will review roles and responsibilities, estimating, how to be a good steward of project resources, as well as how to adapt project scheduling and budgeting during uncertainty by using tools and approaches such as rolling wave planning and agile delivery.
- Session 1: Roles and responsibilities, hierarchy of schedules, network diagrams, critical path and float, schedule development and compression, rolling wave planning, agile delivery and velocity
- Session 2: Cost-benefit analysis, estimating, contingency reserves, work breakdown structure and the budget, baselines, earned value, stewardship of resources, holistic thinking
What You Will Learn
- The roles and responsibilities of the project manager and other subject matter experts such as schedulers, financial experts and others
- How to prepare a project budget and schedule
- The fundamental scheduling techniques such as calculating the critical path and float
- How to use cost-benefit analysis, earned value and velocity when making project decisions and to understand project health
- Anyone working on projects in any industry who wants to increase their knowledge and skills in budgeting and scheduling
- Project managers, project coordinators, subject matter experts, technical personnel, team members, managers, and key support personnel
- Those preparing for the PMP® or CAPM® designatio
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Project Management : Required