The second course in the Certificate in Data Management for Professionals introduces participants to data governance. including the distinctions between data owners and stewards. It then centres on implementing metadata management, data security, data privacy, and corporate data breaches. The course concludes with a lab that focuses on how to prepare a dataset for business owners.
- Week 1: An Introduction to Data Governance: Dama’s Data Governance Wheel
- Week 2: Data Governance roles in an organization
- Week 3: Data Security and Privacy
- Week 4: Implementing Metadata Management in the Enterprise Organization
What You Will Learn
- The fundamentals of data governance
- How to manage metadata in an organization
- Key terms related to data security and privacy
- Patterns of corporate data breaches
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Data Management for Professionals.
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of the minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact email@example.com.
- Professionals from accounting, sales and engineering who are involved in evaluating, implementing and/or using information management systems
- Industry workers from healthcare, manufacturing and finance who assess, apply and/or employ information management systems
- Those with one to two years of experience working with any enterprise information system (such as an ERP or data warehouse)