To provide participants with the tools and practical techniques that will allow analyzing the variants they encounter when faced with problems related to the design, selection and implementation of HVAC systems for a wide range of site conditions/parameters.
Surveys of occupant complaints reveal that up to 80% of the complaints are either directly or indirectly related to HVAC systems. There is not a single facility today, be it industrial, commercial, institutional or hospital, that does not provide an atmosphere that is temperature controlled and where the quality of air is of paramount importance to the operators and the people who work within. With such tight parameters the design, selection, testing, and operation of HVAC systems for both new installations as well as retrofits plays a significant role in providing a desirable environment. This seminar has been designed to speak to those needs by covering the fundamentals that must be evaluated before selection and installation. Also, included is what measures can be taken to obtain maximum performance and show you how you can achieve your goals with well-defined testing/balancing methodology.
During the problem solving/workshop portions of the seminar, participants will use actual exercises/case studies to design and solve HVAC related problems.
- HVAC Systems
- Heating Load & Heating Load Estimation
- Problem Solving Session I: Heating Load
- Workshop: Heat Load Determination
- Cooling Load Calculations
- Design of Air Conditioning System
- Duct Design & Air Distribution Systems
- Problem Solving Session II: Duct Design
- Workshop: Heat Loss Calculation
- Air Balancing
- Selection of HVAC Equipment
- Tips and Checklist
- Workshop: HVAC System
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to assess and apply design criteria when specifying, installing or upgrading HVAC systems
- Increase your understanding of the calculations related to heating load, cooling load and duct design
- Learn how commissioning, testing, adjusting and balancing can help you to achieve, verify and document air-conditioning system operation and performance
- Develop confidence in selecting HVAC controls that can maximize HVAC components, system’s efficiency, and utilization
- Gain a fresh viewpoint to look at your HVAC system needs and how to analyze the variants when faced with problems that will assist you to select the right equipment for your project needs