Reports tend to circulate to multiple readers, few of whom can be expected to read the document from beginning to end. To gain the attention of busy people, you need to make your technical content simple to navigate and easy to read.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who creates reports in a technical context, including engineers, project managers, technical team leads, technical consultants, and government employees.
- Each week, you’ll complete a variety of interactive online learning activities, including a writing activity. One of the activities will be to create a draft of a brief technical report; you’ll submit the report to the facilitator and receive feedback on it.
- Throughout the course, you’ll join in conversations with other participants via the discussion forum.
- Twice during the course, you’ll connect with other participants and the facilitator during a live virtual coaching session.
- Following the course, you’ll submit a revised version of your technical report and receive feedback on it.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to
- Adapt content to readers’ needs, interests, and values
- Craft a focused key message
- Design an easy-to-navigate reporting architecture
- Shape ideas and information into cohesive units of meaning
- Avoid common causes of wordiness
NotesFor more Technical Writing courses, click here.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Technical Writing Certificate Program (100% Online) : Elective courses (3)