This second course in the Certificate in Construction Management looks at the application of controls, methods in professional construction management, and the concepts of project planning and control. Additionally, students will learn about estimating project costs along with cost engineering and procurement. The course concludes with a focus on value engineering and quality assurance.
Each week has a one-hour online live session with the instructor. There is a total of six hours of live sessions in this course. Students who are absent for a live session will have access to a recording.
Week 1: Selecting a Professional Construction Manager
Week 2: Concepts of Project Planning and Control
Week 3: Estimating Project Costs
Week 4: Planning and Control of Operations and Resources
Week 5: Cost Engineering
Week 6: Procurement
What You Will Learn
- How to select a professional construction manager
- The different concepts associated with project planning and control
- How to estimate project costs
- An in-depth look at cost engineering and procurement
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Construction Management.
- Construction managers
- Project managers and architects
- Owners of construction companies and their staff
- Engineers, engineering technicians, and students of all disciplines
- Developers and construction contractors
- Construction Specialty Sub-contractors
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Construction Management : Required Courses