In this course, participants will explore intentional approaches that foster more constructive and positive interactions with others including family, friends and co-workers. It will focus on mental health as a way of understanding its impact on others' behaviour and as well as fostering an empathic response to their situation. Learn how to reframe negative situations and realign them in a more constructive manner where possible.
Module 1: Understanding Mental Health of Self and Others
Module 2: Communicating Positively
Module 3: Understanding the Role of Choice
Module 4: Dealing with Negative Situations
What You Will Learn
- Evidence-based strategies and approaches aimed at creating more constructive and positive interactions with others
- Conversational strategies that set the stage for more positive and successful interpersonal dynamics
- Strategies to reframe negative situations and reorient them to more constructive outcomes
- The role of purpose, meaning and values in shaping our interactions.
If you have any questions about this course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PrerequisitesThe two courses listed below are prerequisites as course materials and exercises in this course build upon prior learning in those courses. If enrolling in multiple courses at once, learners will receive a warning that prerequisites have not been met - please just click “ok” and continue.
- This course will benefit anyone currently in a supervisory or leadership role, or those who aspire to such roles, who want to apply the principles of positive psychology to enhance their leadership skills.
- While focused on the workplace, the skills gained can be beneficial in day-to-day living as well. The application of positive psychology techniques will empower and enable participants to meaningfully shape and influence their respective workplaces using a positive lens. This lens has been demonstrated to foster confidence, promote enthusiasm and broadens resilience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Building Positive Workplace Cultures : Required courses