This third and final course in the Certificate in Construction Management looks at valve engineering, quality and assurance, and health and safety in construction. It then focuses on industrial relations and takes an in-depth look at claims, liability, and dispute resolution. The course concludes with a focus on the current state of the art of professional construction management along with a lesson on Project Management Institute (PMI) and Professional Project Manager (PMP) certifications.
Each week has a one-hour online live session with the instructor. There is a total of six hours of live sessions in this course.
- Week 1: Value Engineering
- Week 2: Quality Assurance
- Week 3: Health and Safety in Construction / Risk Management, Insurance, Bonding, Liens. and Licensing
- Week 4: Industrial Relations
- Week 5: Claims, Liability, and Dispute Resolution
- Week 6: Current State of the Art of Professional Construction Management / Project Management Institute (PMI) and Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certifications
What You Will Learn
- Quality assurance and how it works
- Health and safety protocols in construction
- Industrial relations
- How to resolve disputes along with claims and liability
- Information on PMI and PMP certifications
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Construction Management.
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of the minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Construction managers
- Project managers and architects
- Owners of construction companies and their staff
- Engineers, engineering technicians, and students of all disciplines
- Developers and construction contractors
- Construction Specialty Sub-contractors
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Construction Management : Required