The certificate in Sustainable Energy Technologies introduces students to renewable energy, smart cities, and the clean technologies that are shaping the future.
What Will You Learn?
- Participants will gain practical knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Walk through every step required to design, implement and manage a sustainable energy project.
- Recognize the most common and most innovative applications of energy in electricity, transportation, heat and buildings.
- Understand the mechanics of how power and heat are generated and utilized.
- Financially evaluate and compare sustainable energy technologies.
- Understand barriers and incentives to implementation of renewable energy technologies.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals who want to enhance their resume and marketability in the clean technology job market.
- Industry executives interested in expanding their knowledge on the rapidly growing renewable energy sector.
- Project managers, developers and investors interested in expanding their career or business with renewable energy.
- It is recommended that participants have completed secondary school or equivalent, be proficient (to university level) in English. Between two to five years working experience is preferred but not required.
How Will You Benefit?
Participants will enhance their knowledge of wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, as well as conventional energy systems such as coal, gas and nuclear power and gain an understanding of the economics of renewables, policy directions, and how renewables will integrate with smart grids and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Fees & Scheduling
The fee for each course is $1395.
By completion of the certificate, participants will be qualified to write the Sustainable Energy Professional (SEP) exam as part of the Foundation Technologies Institute credentialing process. To enrol in this certificate, please register for the first of the three (3) required courses:
- CCE-SETC0010 Energy Fundamentals
- CCE-SETC0011 Wind Energy Developers
- CCE-SETC0012 Solar Energy Developers
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. Recommended reading (not required)
- Fundamentals and Applications of Renewable Energy, Kanoglu et. al, 2020. Available through Amazon.
- Renewable Energy Finance: Powering the Future , Donavan C., 2015. Available through Amazon.
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.