In this course, participants will examine a variety of strategies to influence positive workplace culture. They will reflect on their context by applying specific methodologies to understand the positive traits and characteristics of their workplace. They will also build on the identified elements to design an intervention strategy that can potentially lead to formal and informal workplace policies that promote a positive and desirable workplace environment.
Module 1: The Positive Leader
Module 2: Embracing Positive Change
Module 3: Positively Strategic Approaches
Module 4: Creating Your Positive Plan
What You Will Learn
- Various strategies to foster positive workplace cultures
- Using Appreciative Inquiry to identify desirable traits in their workplace
- How to select and design interventions for the workplace, developing policy and procedure for implementation in their own setting.
If you have any questions about this course, please send an email to email@example.com
This course provides learners with the opportunity to earn a microcredential. A microcredential is evidence of the mastery of a skill or competency that is desired by employers. Dalhousie microcredentials are developed in collaboration with relevant industries and organizations. The microcredential is demonstrated by a digital badge that can be displayed on social media pages, digital resumes, personal webpages, and in email signatures. To earn the microcredential in this course, learners will need to successfully complete the competency-based assessment related to the microcredential.
PrerequisitesThe three courses listed below are prerequisites as course materials and exercises in this course build upon prior learning in those courses. If enrolling in multiple courses at once, participants will receive a warning that prerequisites have not been met - please just click “ok” and continue.
- This course will be of benefit to anyone currently in a supervisory or leadership role, or those who aspire to such roles, who want to apply the principles of positive psychology to enhance their leadership skills.
- While focused on the workplace, the skills gained can be beneficial in day-to-day living as well. The application of positive psychology techniques will empower and enable participants to meaningfully shape and influence their respective workplaces using a positive lens. This lens has been demonstrated to foster confidence, promote enthusiasm and broadens resilience.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Building Positive Workplace Cultures : Required courses